Area V ICP
Many exciting ICP opportunities to be announced in 2013 for Area V. Check back regularly! If you have questions, please contact the Area V ICP Coordinator, Rebecca Brown at RBeventer1@gmail.com
USEA Instructors' Certification Program (ICP)
Capable instructors are essential to the training of riders and their horses for humane, safe and skilled participation in the sport of eventing. The USEA Instructors' Certification Program (ICP) seeks to help event instructors at all levels acquire a knowledge base, both theoretical and practical, upon which they can continue to build throughout their teaching lifetime. For USEA certified instructors, this knowledge base will support not only the teaching of event riding and training, but also care of the horse and development of effective and safe teaching method.
- Identify essential training principles for riders and horses, drawn from time-tested sources and from experience with today's competition challenges;
- Offer to instructors materials, workshops, and mentorship opportunities that present these training principles in a logical sequence;
- Certify instructors at a specific level of teaching proficiency, with the invitation to continue to learn and to achieve a higher level of certification if they so desire;
- Provide an atmosphere of professional openness and support to all instructors so that on-going learning is facilitated.
- Level I-Novice: Instructors of riders through Novice
- Level I-Training: Instructors of riders through Training
- Level II: Instructors of riders through Preliminary and CIC*
- Level III: Instructors of riders through Intermediate, CIC**, and CCI*
- Level IV: Instructors of riders through Advanced, CIC***, and CCI**
- Level V: Instructors of riders through CCI*** and CCI***
HELPFUL LINKS:How the ICP process works
ICP workshops and assessments schedule
ICP Workshop Faculty
USEA ICP Instructor Directory (by Area)
If you are an ICP candidate instructor, or someone who has attended an ICP workshop, and you own an ICP workbook, view the ICP Mentor List.
For further information on the program, both participating as a candidate instructor and acting as a host/organizer of ICP workshops, contact:
Nancy Myers at email@example.com
Sue Hershey at firstname.lastname@example.org