Things can get chaotic when you’re in the midst of party planning. There are so many choices to be made that you may quickly lose track of what you have done and what still needs to be done. The good news, party planning can be stress-free. Our expert planners have compiled a list for you that you should print out immediately. Our list will help you stay organized and help host a party that isn’t missing a single thing.
- Create your Invitation List First
- Creating your list first allows you to understand what kinds of guests you will be having. It will let you plan out your party accordingly.
- Selecting Your Party Theme
- Now that you have your guest list, you can theme it around the guests that will be attending.
- Select Food
- Much like selecting your theme, now that you have the guest list, you can go ahead and plan what food you will be having. Whether you are catering or making the food yourself, you should be in a position to make smart choices. For example, if you have a good chunk of your list that are vegetarians, make sure to have some dishes for that part of your list
- Mission Impossible
- The reason I call this step as “mission impossible” is because sometimes planners take on too much for just one person. There is no shame in needing help. If you need it, find out early and make sure you have helpers available.
- You may or may not want to have music. If you do, make sure it can cater for everyone. Even some light jazz or something in the background can help. Don’t get anything that people will find annoying or that’s too loud that you cannot hear while conversing with your guests.
- Dedicated Space
- If you are planning to have the party at your home, make sure you assign only a few areas for your guests to be. If you open up your house entirely, then you may have far too many people in too many rooms. This will create a massive headache for you trying to pin down people and cleaning up will be a disaster as well. Thus, keep it simple, select a cozy area inside your home that can fit all of your guests comfortably.
- Set Rules
- So many hosts are afraid to set some rules for their guests, and if you’re reading this, do not be shy to put your foot down. At the end of the day, this is your party, and people are in your house. There need to be certain rules that your guests need to follow so that you can have an enjoyable time before, during, and after your party.
This is the perfect checklist for you if you are planning a party. It allows you to nail the basics while making sure that you can run a regular event. If you have anything that was not listed, please do email me. I love hearing reader’s feedback and reading through your suggestions.
You can find another great list here.